As a regional facility, we work with a number of other organizations and shelters to provide spay/neuter within the region surrounding the clinics. If you live outside the Christiansburg area, there may be an organization near you that participates in our transport program. Visit our Transportation Schedule page to learn more.
- All cats must be transported separately in a secure, hard plastic crate lined with newspaper.
- Soft carriers cannot be sent on transport.
- If you do not have a crate, borrow one from a friend or local rescue group.
- All animals 4 months and older should have food withheld after midnight the night before transport for surgery.
- Puppies and kittens under 4 months old may have food until 6am the morning of transport.
- All animals may have water until 6am the morning of transport.
Your drop off and pick up location will be determined by the organization sponsoring the transport- for questions about the transport please call the organization in question.
For Transports: If you need to cancel or reschedule, you must reach out to the organization who scheduled the appointment. If payment is required by the hosting organization- payment must be paid in full before the transport date.
All animals not belonging to a 501(c)3 organization, being transported by Mountain View Humane for surgery, may be paid for by Visa, Mastercard, or Discover. This can be done when we call you with an update after surgery has been completed.