When bringing in your pet please remember these important details:
- Our vets recommend that pets are vaccinated against communicable diseases at least 2 weeks prior to surgery. Virginia state law requires a current rabies vaccination for your pet. Bring vaccine records including current rabies certificate. We are otherwise required to administer a rabies vaccine at the time of surgery for $15. All other vaccines are available and optional.
- Except for animals under 4 months of age at the time of surgery, food is to be taken away by midnight the night before. Continued water intake is encouraged. To ensure no food intake, please keep outdoor pets contained.
- Check-in promptly at 8:00 am for Dogs and 8:15 am for Cats. No one will be allowed to drop-off earlier than this. Being late for drop off may require rescheduling your appointment.
- We accept payment in the form of cash, VISA, Mastercard, and Discover at the time of check-in.
- Please leave your pet in your vehicle until after you check-in. Cats need to be in carriers and dogs need to be on leash. If you do not have a carrier for your cat, you can purchase a cardboard carrier for $5.
- If your pet is showing any signs of illness (coughing, sneezing, runny eyes or nose, diarrhea, vomiting, etc.), do not bring for surgery. Call the clinic prior to your appointment and reschedule.
If you have any questions for the clinic, call 855-HIP-SNIP (855-447-7647) or (540) 382-0222 during business hours.